Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Striving for more

I've realized something recently. For several months, I've thought I liked where I stand photography-wise. I thought I was close to being a professional-level photographer. I thought I was producing really good photos, but recently I've come to realize that I don't like a lot of my photos. I honestly don't like them. My photos feel very ordinary and this really isn't the direction I planned to take when I started to take this hobby seriously.

I think I need to be more edgy, more artistic and more high-fashion in my portraits.

Instead of feeling bad about this, though, I feel really, really inspired. I feel like I've been too comfortable with my work and this made me very boring and stagnant as a photographer.

Realizing I don't like my photos may be for the best, it might just help me grow as a photographer. Hopefully.

No comments: